Finding My Fit With Fitbit

In today's society there's a huge pressure to lose weight and be skinny. With this pressure to be thin, it seems today that most people have lost the idea of being healthy and fit. Instead they want a magical pill which will shrink their bodies and not have to change anything about their diet or lives. However, I refuse to be one of those people. Of course like everyone else, I want to lose weight, but more importantly I want to be healthy. And this brings me to the main topic of this blog post. With the help of Fitbit, I'm on a journey to a healthier and happier me.

What is Fitbit you ask? Well it is a wireless activity tracker that syncs to your smartphone or computer. These devices keep track of how many steps you take, your quality of sleep, your active minutes throughout the day, food and water consumption, weight and more. There are several different kinds of trackers and some do a lot more than others.

But I'm going to talk about the Flex, which is the one I use. The Flex was a perfect choice for me, it is a simple wristband and I take the little chip in and out to charge. Since I can take the Fitbit out I'm also able to change the wristband. Fitbit sells various other colors and even some Tory Buch wristbands! It was a little costly, but I was lucky enough to receive it as a present from my Mom. It tracks my all day activity like my steps, calories burned, distance and active minutes. And throughout the day if I tap the wristband, little LED lights will light up and show me my progress on my step goal. And what I really love about my Fitbit Flex is that it will track how many hours of sleep I get and I can also set up a silent alarm! The alarm sends a little vibration to wake you up, and that's much better for me than a noisy and annoying alarm clock I tune out. The alarms are also good for little reminders throughout the day.

Also with Fitbit, you can add your friends and cheer one another on and also compete with them in a Fitbit challenge. And those do really work, the first time when I was actually winning one, I was working twice as hard to stay on top! The friendly challenges and the cheer and support from your friends makes Fitbit a fun part of your daily life.

Since I've had my Fitbit, I've become more aware of how active I am and how motivated I am to be healthy. I'm always wanting to reach my step goal, if I go somewhere, I park a little further in order to get those extra steps. I'll admit, I'm not completely using my Fitbit to its full potential, and I should do more and slowly but surely I'll make progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate