Seeing Christmas Vacation at the Movies

When the holiday season rolls around all the popular Christmas movies play constantly on loop. But how often do movie theaters play some of these popular holiday films? Not since the year they came out right? That's what I thought until I found out my local movie theater, Harkins, shows some throwback movies rather frequently.


Harkins plays throwback movies every Tuesday at 7 PM throughout the entire year! Tickets to see these older movies are only $5, what a deal! Throughout this month Harkins has shown its' festive spirit by showing popular holiday movies such as: The Polar Express, Jim Henson's Holiday Special, Schindler's List, Home Alone, Christmas Vacation, Elf, and The Holiday.


So on this past Tuesday, one of my best friends and I went to go see Christmas Vacation. Why this one you ask? Well it is one of her absolute favorite Christmas movies and the truth is, I have never seen it before. Shocker right? This movie is basically a Christmas classic. So how did I go 26 years without seeing it? Easy, I don't watch a lot of these older holiday movies. In fact, I just saw Home Alone for the first time last year, but I digress.

To be able to see this Christmas classic on the big screen made the whole experience so much better. Instead of watching it from my couch with my phone in my hand, I got to unwind, relax and truly watch this movie. By seeing it this way, I now see why some people absolutely love it.


But what did I think of this movie? Well...it was alright. I find Chevy Chase just unlikable, and he was that in the movie. Let's face it Clark Griswold is a jerk. He's rude to his neighbors who do absolutely nothing to him and the stunts he pulls ends up damaging their property and almost killing them! But I did enjoy seeing the slapstick humor Clark had to endure. But you have to think, how is that man still alive after all those dangerous things that happens to him throughout the movie? But that's just my opinion!


There's nothing like spending an evening at the movie theater. I just love the idea of going to see old movies, especially ones I have never seen before, on the big screen. It makes the whole movie watching experience so much better, and more theaters should do this! There was a really good size crowd at the movies that night, so it could be a great revenue raiser for struggling theaters. What do you think? Would you go see a classic at a movie theater? Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate