Looking Chic On Vacation With ipsy

If you're anything like me, you're most likely daydreaming about traveling around the world or mentally preparing your next vacation. Well, for all the makeup lovers out there with a case of wanderlust, ipsy's May Glam Bag was made especially with you in mind.

In honor of the "Destination Chic" theme for the month of May, I decided to take my Glam Bag on my latest trip to New York City! And yes I did test every product while I was on vacation!

Out of all the Glam Bags I have received from ipsy this one was the most cohesive. The Glam Bag itself was made perfectly for traveling. The print was bright and had famous landmarks from all over the world, like the Statue of Liberty and the Leaning Tower of Pisa. Plus the bag was on the bigger side, so you could fit all, or almost all, of you beauty products. And for the first time in forever the products inside the bag went with the theme! Well for the most part... But even the promo card that comes along with Glam Bag fit perfectly with the theme, it was an actual postcard! You could even mail back the postcard to ipsy and tell them where you were from and what products you liked inside your Glam Bag.

Inside my Glam Bag were the following products:

  • Mellow Cosmetics Creamy Matte Lipstick in Nude
  • Eva NYC Hungry Hair Oil Treatment
  • Jersey Shore Cosmetics Lavender Moisture Rich Balm
  • AURORA Gel Effect Nail Polish in Safety Orange
  • Smashbox Cosmetics X-Rated Mascara
I was happy to find the Mellow Cosmetics Creamy Matte Lipstick in Nude because I always love to pack a lipstick or two when I go on vacation. Normally, I am not a huge fan of nude shades, but this one surprised me. This nude has pink undertones, perfect for my complexion, and it is a flattering color. It's not too dark and not too light. This matte lipstick is long lasting, has an amazing texture, and is also very hydrating. It is the perfect lipstick to take on vacation because of its every day color and hydrating quality. Bringing a lipstick that dries out your lips when you're traveling is no fun at all. Plus, a nude shade that compliments your complexion or even a hydrating matte lipstick can be tricky to find, I lucked out with the Mellow Matte Lipstick.

Whenever I'm traveling, I always like to bring extra hair products just in case. Why you ask? Well who knows how some hotels' shampoo or conditioner will work on my hair. You'll always find shampoo, conditioner, hair oil, hair cream, or hairsprays in my travel bag. And now I have a new hair oil to add to my collection, the Eva NYC Hungry Hair Oil Treatment. This hair oil has a great formula loaded with with Argan Oil, which has the vitamins A & E and omegas 3, 6, and 9 that your hair needs to be healthy and strong. It also has Keravis Protein, which will strengthen your hair and protect your hair from heat damage. The only downside to this particular hair oil is that if you put too much on your hair, it will get greasy. But on the upside, a little oil will go a long ways plus it smells really good!

Wherever you go, lip balm is essential to carry around, you never know when or where your lips will get chapped. So the Jersey Shore Cosmetics Lavender Moisture Rich Balm ideally was a great addition to the Destination Chic Glam Bag! One can never have enough lip balm! However, I was not a huge fan of this lip balm. The scent and taste of the lavender is really strong. But, it does keep your lips soft and moisturized. And it does feel very good on the lips. Another thing I really do not like about this lip balm is the price. On the Jersey Shores Cosmetics website, this lip balm costs $10. That price for a lip balm is kind of outrageous. I can't imagine paying $10 for a little lip balm, especially when you can purchase an Eos or Maybelline Baby Lips lip balm for a significantly cheaper price.

The day has come, I finally got a repeat offender in one of my Glam Bags. Last October I received the AURORA Gel Effect Nail Polish in Inky Dinky, and what did I receive this month? The AURORA Gel Effect Nail Polish in Safety Orange of course. If you want to read my previous review on the nail polish, check out that blog post here. Personally when I travel, I do not pack nail polish, in fact I like to get a pedicure before a vacation. And if I have time, maybe I will paint my nails before hand. So before my trip to New York City, I used the AURORA nail polish to paint my nails. This time, I buffed and filled my nails before painting them and that helped the nail polish stay on maybe a day longer than last time. The bright orange is a gorgeous color but the formula does not last for long and will chip easily.

Whenever I'm traveling or on the go, I like to stick a mini/travel size mascara in my purse. I can't tell you how many times I have forgotten to pack mascara in my suitcase and then rejoice when I remember I keep a spare in my purse. I received a mini version of the Smashbox Cosmetics X-Rated Mascara in my Destination Chic Glam Bag. Finding a mini version product from a high end brand like Smashbox in one of the Glam Bags always makes me excited and happy, because these are the products I want to try and I will most likely buy. What I love most about this mascara is the brush itself. Let's be honest, the mascara itself is very creamy and can smudge very easily. But with the brush the mascara becomes flawless and gives you gorgeous long lashes.

Overall, I would give this Glam Bag 3.5 stars out of 5. Not too shabby, but also not that great. The big win in this Glam Bag was the cohesiveness with the theme and the products. Sure one or two did not fit well, but for the most part this was the most cohesive theme ipsy has ever done within the past two years I have been a member. The big standouts in this bag were the lipstick, the hair oil and the mascara. Can't wait to see what is in store for the June Rebel Rebel Glam Bag!

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate