Living That Eco Life With Influenster's Sprout Voxbox

Trying to live a healthy/eco friendly lifestyle can be challenging and extremely expensive. But thanks to Influenster, a website where you can try out products for free and review them, I got a little taste of this lifestyle. If you would like to join me on Influenster, click HERE for my referral link.

This healthy and eco friendly box of goodies from Influenster was called the Sprout Voxbox. I am not too sure why I qualified for this box, but I sure am happy I did! When I first saw that I was receiving this box, I was a little perplexed. What did different brands of shampoo/conditioner, chips, protein powder, snack bar, and laundry detergent, have in common? Then it clicked, they were all eco-friendly and healthy products!

Inside my Sprout Voxbox I received the following products:

  • Clairol Hair Food Honey Apricot Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner
  • Eatsmart Three Bean Spicy Black Bean Tortilla Chips
  • Ecos Hypoallergenic Magnolia and Lily Laundry Detergent
  • Orgain Organic Vanilla Bean Protein Powder
  • Curate Dark and Tempting Balsamic Fig and Hazelnut Bar

When I saw the Clairol Hair Food Honey Apricot Moisture Shampoo and Conditioner in the Sprout Voxbox, I was extremely excited. I had heard a lot of good things about Hair Food products, and it was on my list of hair products to try. Now that I've tried it, I now see and understand all the hype. First off, the shampoo smells amazing! I really loved the honey apricot scent, however the conditioner did not have as rich as a smell as the shampoo did. With the shampoo, a little amount goes a long way. It will get all sudsy and feel amazing in your hair, but sadly the conditioner did not have the same effect. With my hair type, I always end up needing to use more conditioner than shampoo in order to get soft brilliant hair. Both the shampoo and conditioner will feel amazing and give you softer and shinier hair.

My absolute favorite item in the Sprout Voxbox was the Eatsmart Three Bean Spicy Black Bean Tortilla Chips. Not only are these chips a delicious snack they are also a guilt free tortilla chip. One serving contains 14g of whole grains and 2g of fiber, plus they are gluten-free and made with non-GMO ingredients. These chips are great to snack on alone, especially if you want something crunchy with a spicy kick. Or if you want to indulge, pair these chips with salsa, guacamole or even a queso dip. Honestly I want to buy another bag of these chips so I can make some guilt free nachos. These chips are great for all the health conscious eaters out there who want or need something spicy in their life.

You know you are officially becoming a real adult when you get excited about getting a new kind of laundry detergent... Because I was so excited to see the Ecos Hypoallergenic Magnolia and Lily Laundry Detergent in my Sprout Voxbox. The magnolia and lily scent smells really good, and it makes your clothes smell very fresh and clean. The sample was enough for one of my giant loads and what I really loved about this detergent is that a little goes a long way. Once the entire sample was poured into the washing machine the water got all sudsy. Most of the liquid detergents I generally use do not get as sudsy and tend to be watered down. This one did not! It cleaned my clothes a lot better than my normal detergent. Plus I love how the Ecos detergent came with built in fabric softener, my clothes were super soft when they came out of the wash.

Every once and a while, I like to make a shake or smoothie for a quick and filling breakfast. So getting to try the Orgain Organic Vanilla Bean Protein Powder was a great opportunity, especially since I have never tried protein powder before. Since I have never had a protein shake, I was not quite sure what to expect. I used the vanilla bean flavored powder to make a shake, and I paired it some whole milk and ice and blended it. Overall, it tasted okay. It was not a strong vanilla taste but it was not bad at all. I would get little chunks of powder in every occasional sip, but that was probably my fault for not blending it very well. What I really loved about this protein powder is that it is made from organic plant protein, so it is vegetarian and vegan friendly. It is also dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free, and non-GMO. If I try this powder again, I think I would want to try the chocolate flavor next.

And the last item in the Sprout Voxbox was the Curate Dark and Tempting Balsamic Fig and Hazelnut Bar. Honestly, I was not a huge fan of this snack/granola bar. This flavor has too much going on. The combination of the balsamic vinegar, mission figs, hazelnuts, sunflower kernels, quinoa, almond butter, whole oats, brown sugar and orange is overwhelming. The taste is odd and it is very dry. This flavor is the perfect bar to eat while you're on a diet because it will suppress your appetite. However, I really love the idea behind the Curate brand, they're made with real food ingredients to create a filling and healthy snack. This flavor was not a big success for me, but maybe one of their other flavors will be a lot tamer for my tastebuds.

There you have it, those were all the products in my Sprout Voxbox. Thank you Influenster for the opportunity to try out some of these goodies! Influnester sent me these items free of charge to test and provide feedback, and all of these opinions are my own honest feedback. I was somewhat heathy and more eco savvy for one day. Who knows maybe this is the start of a lifestyle change?!

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate