Radio Roundup: July Edition!

Radio Stations, one minute you love them and the other you hate them. It feels like they play the same songs over and over again and everything is just on loop. The radio has a lot of power when it comes to music. They determine which songs are played and which songs are hits. They also have the power to kill a really good song just by simply overplaying it. The overplaying of songs has led to the hatred of the radio and has had drivers turn to the audio jack and either put on Pandora, Spotify or Apple music instead. And don't get me started on the commercials every five minutes that conveniently play on every station at the same time.

Anyways, the whole point is that I have been busy and doing a lot of driving and when I drive, I listen to the radio. I am blessed enough to have Sirius XM in my car so I'm always listening to that beautiful commercial free radio. When I listen to Sirius XM you'll find me listening to Hits1, Venus, Pop2k, New York's Z100 (which sadly has ads), Alt Nation and The Highway. Four of those are pop/top 40 stations and the other two are alternative and country.

With a lot of driving comes listening to a lot of music so here are some of my favorite and least favorite songs that I have heard this month!

Country Love: What I love about the Highway is that they'll play both new country music and a little bit older stuff, and by older stuff I mean stuff that was popular a couple years ago. So when songs like Long Hot Summer by Keith Urban come on the radio I get excited and reminiscent but mainly excited. But I also get excited and jam when Crash and Burn by Thomas Rhett and Ray Bans by JT Hodges come on as well.

Indie Jams: My boyfriend would call Alt Nation an indie station, and he's the expert when it comes to that. So for my alternative indie songs I've been jamming to Don't Wait Up by Robert Delong, Molecules by Atlas Genius, 2 Heads by Coleman Hell and Tear In My Heart by Twenty One Pilots. When these songs come on in my car I turn up the volume and sing as loud as possible.

The Almighty Top 40: Top 40 music is my favorite, and I can't deny it. Right now I've been really digging Worth It by Fifth Harmony, I'm Good by The Mowgli's, Shut Up & Dance by Walk the Moon, Stitches by Shawn Mendes, Dear Future Husband by Meghan Trainor, Marvin Gaye by Charlie Puth/Meghan Trainor and Fire N Gold by Bea Miller.

Songs I Never Want to Hear on the Radio Ever Again: Now here's where we get to the dark side of the radio. Even commercial free radio like Sirius is guilty of overplaying and killing songs. And they've done that with these songs in particular: Anything Goes by Florida Georgia Line, Hey Mama by David Guetta/Nicki Minaj/Afrojack and See You Again by Wiz Khalifa/Charlie Puth.

Taylor Swift Songs You Should Listen to Besides Bad Blood: Of course Taylor Swift is Queen of Pop Music and it always seems like at least two or three of her songs are on the radio at all times. And I don't know about you but I'm getting a little sick of Bad Blood and even Blank Space, I can't believe they're still playing that song! So here's a friendly reminder that she has several other songs. If you want 1989 Taylor Swift check out How You Get the Girl or I Wish You Would, if you're feeling more Red then check out Starlight or if you want a more of a throwback check out Sparks Fly or even re-listen to the classic TSwift song Picture to Burn.

NEW FIND!: Now there's this new song I've been obsessed with and it has not been played on the radio at all. So you're probably wondering how did you hear this song then? Well it was in an episode of Pretty Little Liars, played in a Gatorade commercial and has been in the commercials for the upcoming Disney Channel Original Movie Descendants. This song is called Wicked Ones by DOROTHY, check it out here! I've been listening and jamming to this song frequently, I'm obsessed.

Thanks for checking out my two cents on this month's music played on the radio. Tell me, what are currently your favorite and least favorite songs on the radio? Also what stations do you listen to? Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate