Getting Pretty With ipsy

When you think of February, what's the first thing that comes to mind? Valentine's Day? Hearts? Love? Pink? Those are all good guesses, but apparently what comes to ipsy's mind during the month of February is Pretty In Pink.

If you do not know what Pretty In Pink is have no fear, it was a cheesy rom-com from 80s. We talked about this movie in my media ethics class. Why? I can't recall, but personally I think my professor had some interest in Molly Ringwald.

Don't get me wrong, Pretty In Pink is still kind of relevant, in fact this past February was the 30th anniversary of the movie. Which is why ipsy chose #ipsyPink as the theme for the February glam bag.

Now we all know how I feel about ipsy and its "themes." And my little hopes for this month's theme met my low expectations. Inside the glam bag I received the following products:

  • THEORIE Argan Oil Ultimate Reform Hair Serum
  • tre'StiQue Baby Blush Stick in Bora Bora Coral
  • ModelCo LIP LACQUER Lip Gloss in Morocco
  • Ciaté London Olivia Palermo x Ciaté London Paint Pot
  • IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye® Anti-Aging Concealer

The THEORIE Argan Oil Ultimate Reform Hair Serum is said to restore moisture and protect your hair from heat styling and environmental stress. The oil smells really nice but with the way the bottle works you could end up using too much at one time, which happened to me. The oil comes gushing out and when you apply too much to your hair it can get sticky. But if it gets sticky, just spread the oil with your fingers or with a brush. After that it will feel good on your hair and soften it up.

Is it just me or do all tre'StiQue products all look like crayons? When I first saw the tre'StiQue Baby Blush Stick in Bora Bora Coral I thought it was going to be a lipstick or liner. But I was surprised to see that it was a blush. Normally, I use powder blushes but this cream blush was surprisingly amazing. The shade I received was indeed Bora Bora Coral and the color was gorgeous. Not too bright and not too light. And the color paired with my complexion perfectly. The blush glides on nicely and blends very well as a subtle rosy cheek.

It had been a while since I received a lip gloss and I was happy about that. But this month my luck ran out. The ModelCo LIP LACQUER Lip Gloss in Morocco is a nice nude color but since it is a gloss you really can't tell what color it is or really appreciate it. This lip gloss is very shiny and sticky. It also tastes pretty bad but it is long lasting. When it comes to this lip gloss less is more and it gets better the longer you wear it.

When it comes to nail polish, I'm still learning. I like to get my nails done rather than do them myself. Slowly but surely, I'm getting better when it comes to doing my own nails. The Ciaté London Olivia Palermo x Ciaté London Paint Pot was probably one of the best nail polishes I have ever used in my whole life. When it comes to my nails, I'm terrible. I can't paint them well enough to save my life. But when I used Ciaté my nails looked normal instead of the usual hot mess when I use a different brand. The shade I received was Hutch - my go to red, a beautiful and bright red. This nail polish applies very easily and very smoothly. I applied two coats to be safe, but after the first coat it looked amazing and bright. The polish dries fast and is very durable. It lasted for a decent amount of time and started to chip several days later.

Lastly but certainly not least, there is the ever popular IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye® Anti-Aging Concealer. I received the shade neutral medium which matched my complexion perfectly. Although this is an under eye concealer, it can also be used to treat lines and wrinkles and also correct redness and blemishes. This concealer can be really heavy and sticky, but it covers up pretty well. Also when it comes to this concealer, less is more, you don't need a lot to cover up or to make it stay on all day.

Just like any other time, the theme and the glam bag are not cohesive. But for this glam bag in particular, it did not matter to me because the quality of the products in this bag were so great. The blush and nail polish were a big hits for me, and the only miss was the lip gloss which really was not that bad. Everything else exceeded my expectations, so I can't complain. Overall I'd give this bag 4/5 stars.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate