A Spring Awakening With ipsy

When March rolls around, spring fever is in the air. We want to forget all about the cold winter and focus only on the beautiful weather that's upon us. Goodbye dark and gloomy winter! Hello sunshine and hello to all the flowers in bloom.

Once February ended, it was time to say goodbye to all the dark colors in the makeup drawer and be reunited with all the bright and colorful makeup products that were hibernating this past winter.

The March glam bag from ipsy was themed Hello Spring. Pretty basic and general but a very appropriate and timely theme for the season. The glam bag itself had a rose pattern and also came in three different color combinations. There was a blue background and red rose, a mint green background and red rose, and a red background and mint green rose. I received the blue and red one which honestly is the prettiest and most unique in my opinion.

Inside my glam bag I received the following products:

  • Beau Gâchis® Paris Eyeshadow Brush
  • Marc Anthony Nourishing Argan Oil of Morocco 3 Day Smooth Perfect Blow Dry Cream
  • OFRA Cosmetics Green Go Eyeliner
  • NYX Cosmetics Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick
  • TEMPTU Warm Glow Bronzer

The Beau Gâchis® Paris Eyeshadow Brush is an okay eyeshadow brush. This brush can be used to apply powder, liquid and cream products. The Beau Gâchis® brush does use animal hair, which is not the best. Lately, I've been a fan of vegan makeup brushes and less of a fan of those that use animal hair. But the brush does apply eyeshadow well and it is super soft.

My excitement could not be contained when I saw the Marc Anthony Nourishing Argan Oil of Morocco 3 Day Smooth Perfect Blow Dry Cream in my glam bag. I love Marc Anthony hair care products so I was happy to receive another! Recently, my hair has become quite frizzy after I shower so blow dry cream has been a recent addition into my hair product drawer. With this hair cream, you only need to add a little to your hair to smooth it down, and it gets the job done. The only con with this cream is that it can get your hands a little sticky but most hair creams do that anyways.

The next product is the OFRA Cosmetics Green Go Eyeliner, and it is a dark, almost olive, green shade. This eyeliner can also be used as eyeshadow or lip liner, but you won't see any green lips on me, who do I look like? The Wicked Witch of the West? The color pairs well with my eyes, but that's basically all the good when it comes to this eyeliner. The eyeliner goes on super light and it is not very noticeable on the eye. When you are applying the eyeliner, it crumbles very easily. It is not a long lasting product or good quality product.

Another product I was very excited to try in the March glam bag was the NYX Cosmetics Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick. I received the shade Pink Lust, which I was very happy with. It seems like ipsy was only giving me nude shades of lipstick or gloss, and it was nice to see a shade I would actually be happy to wear. The color was a gorgeous and vibrant pink. Even though I am not a big fan of liquid lipsticks, this lipstick was great. Most liquid lipsticks that I have tried are not very long lasting and have a strange formula but that was not the case with this lipstick. There was no weird aftertaste or a weird feeling on my lips, instead if felt like I was wearing a normal matte lipstick. The liquid lipstick dries quickly and has a matte finish. It is also long lasting so there is no need to reapply constantly.

Now lastly there is the TEMPTU Warm Glow Bronzer, which I have mixed feelings about. It is a great product but it is packaged poorly which makes it hard to use. There is no seal on the product so once you open it and use it for the first time, the liquid will go down to the cap. I contacted the ipsycare twitter about this, and they told me that you have to be careful when opening it because it will collect in the cap. So I think TEMPTU needs to find better packaging for this product because who would want to pay for a bronzer that constantly leaks? But other than the faults with the packaging the product is a great liquid bronzer. It is a nice light brown shade that gives anyone's skin tone a sun kissed glow. The bronzer blends well and it gives a nice finished glow.

Overall, I would say this glam bag was a success! I was genuinely impressed with most of the products, even though some of them did not meet my expectations. The clear hits in this bag were the liquid lipstick and blow dry cream while the miss was the green eyeliner. I'd give this bag 4/5 stars!

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate