From Baseball to History, Boston Has It All.


As I sit here thinking about what to pack for my upcoming Angels Fan Cruise vacation, I can't help but recall my last Angels Vacation: Boston. Over the summer, I was lucky enough to go to Boston to see my favorite baseball team, the Angels play the Red Sox at the legendary Fenway Park. Now how and why did I get to do this? Well every year, the Angels host a vacation package for fans to go see several games in one city. The Angels also put on a Fan Cruise (which I'm going on this week!) and a trip to Spring Training (I'll be there too!). Anyways, with the package, you get a certain amount of days (you can also extend your stay), a tour of the city, tickets to baseball games (the amount varies), a tour of the stadium, and a brunch with Angels players and staff. How awesome is that?

So because of Angels Vacations, I was able to go to Boston, a city I have always wanted to see! Boston has a certain charm to it, it's modern yet still old fashioned. Boston, is indeed America's oldest city, the Puritans settled there in 1630 and Boston was home to many historic events like the Boston Massacre and Boston Tea Party. If you think about it, Boston is the place where the Revolutionary War started.


With my package, I was given the chance to take the "Duck Tour" to see the city, which is a tour that goes on land and water. However, I decided not to do that. I was lucky enough to have my boyfriend join me on this trip, and he had been to Boston plenty of times and he suggested we should walk The Freedom Trail. The Freedom Trail is a red line on the sidewalk leads you throughout Boston. It's a 2.5 mile, self-guided tour of Revolutionary sites, which starts at the Boston Common park and ends at the Bunker Hill Monument. Personally, I'd rather walk through a new city than take a bus tour, plus it's a free tour and free is good. I got to see everything I wanted from Faneuil Hall, Quincy Market, and even the Old North Church.

Walking the Freedom Trail will take up most of the day and be very tiring, but the best was ending the day at the harbor and watching the sunset. Now I don't know about you, but it was always a dream of mine to throw some tea into the Boston Harbor. Unfortunately, the Starbucks near the harbor ran out of lemonade, so my dream of dumping the rest of my passion tea lemonade did not happen. Sigh.
So the main reason why I got to go to Boston this past summer was to see the legendary Fenway Park, and to see the 2013 World Series Champions, the Boston Red Sox take on my team, the Angels. If you're a huge baseball fan, you know that Fenway Park is the oldest park in the MLB and is full of history. It was opened in 1912 and since the park is so old it has been renovated many times and has some quirky features, like the Green Monster, a 37 foot high wall in left field. When I toured the stadium, they took us up to the seats in that area and man those are nice. Since Fenway is an older ballpark, there's a lot of poles that can cause an obstructed view. I highly recommend taking a tour of Fenway, but the reason I enjoyed taking the tour was because I got the chance to watch the teams take batting practice. Let me tell you, watching Albert Pujols, Big Papi and Yoenis Cespedes take batting paractice was definitely the coolest thing I'd ever seen. Watching three games at Fenway was unbelievable. Fenway definitely is America's ballpark.

Now here's the actual reason why I love to travel with Angels Vacations, at the end of the trip there is a brunch with Angels players and staff! This year I got to meet Bench Coach: Dino Ebel (who I've met several times already), and Relief Pitchers Kevin Jepsen (Traded now. Waahhh) and Mike Morin! At the brunch we get food (yum!) and there is also a Q&A, so you can ask them everything you ever wanted to know. Personally, I think Dino tells the best stories.

Kevin Jepsen and I
Dino Ebel and I
Mike Morin and I

I love traveling and Angels baseball, if you want to have a vacation that combines both I suggest booking a trip with Angels Vacations! The next trips coming up are for Spring Training and a trip to Seattle to watch the Angels take on the Mariners. I'm not sure if any other teams do things like this but go and check out your favorite team's website to see if they do!

1 comment:

Translate