ipsy Sends its Love in December Glam Bag

Happy New Year everyone! After taking a little blogging break after Blogmas, I figured it was about time to get back to work. So let's start off the 2016 edition of Hey Kaitlin Mary with a glam bag review.

The last glam bag of 2015 was called "For You With Love From ipsy." The overall theme as the glam bag being a present from ipsy was cute especially for December. So thank you ipsy for this lovely Christmas present that I pay for every month.

The bag itself was adorable, and it was almost like a little red clutch. Inside the clutch I received: Clark's Botanicals Deep Moisture Mask, Be A Bombshell Cosmetics Mechanical Eye Liner, ModelCo Lip Enhancer Illusion Lip Liner, Pacifica Power Of Love Natural Lipstick and Marc Anthony Hair Care Coconut Oil & Shea Butter Deep Conditioning Treatment.

First there is the Clark's Botanicals Deep Moisture Mask, and this product is unique to say the least. It can be used as a mask or a moisturizer, doesn't that seem strange? I understand a moisturizing mask but a mask that can also be used as a moisturizer is just strange. A mask you have to wash off but you let a moisturizer soak into your skin. How does it do both?! Ladies and gentlemen, this does not make sense!! As a mask, this product was strange because it acted more like a moisturizer. And as a moisturizer this product really shined as it softens and soothes your skin.

Next up in the glam bag there is the Be A Bombshell Cosmetics Mechanical Eye Liner. The idea of mechanical eye liner is genius, because sharpening eye liner pencils can be a huge pain. So instead of sharpening the eye liner, all you have to do is twist up if you want more. I received a black shade called Wild Child. The shade goes on super light and needs to be applied a lot if you want a nice bold black. The color is subtle rather than dark. The only great thing about this eye liner is the applicator, other than that it is simply okay.

Then there is the ModelCo Lip Enhancer Illusion Lip Liner. The packaging of this lip liner is misleading. I thought I was unwrapping a hot pink lip liner and I was so excited because I really have been wanting a hot pink lip liner. But unfortunately it was not hot pink, instead it was another nude shade. Yay... The shade was a natural nude, the exact color of my lips to be precise. The texture of the lip liner is rather odd and harsh, so it can be a little difficult to apply. Overall it was an okay product, and it wouldn't be a lip liner I'd use daily or often...

Next there is the Pacifica Power Of Love Natural Lipstick and I received the Tender Heart shade. Which indeed was a nude lipstick! I swear ipsy will only send me nude lipsticks and no matter how often I tell them that I do not like nude shades, I still get them anyways... But I digress, I normally love Pacifica's products but this lipstick was awfully disappointing. My lipstick was hard as a rock and extremely rough and dry on my lips. Now I don't know if every product was like mine, but I'd like to think that all of Pacifica's lipsticks are not terrible. So I'll just assume mine was part of a bad batch. The shade was boring and the quality was terrible, it made my lips chapped after wearing it for a couple hours.

And lastly but certainly not least, there is the Marc Anthony Hair Care Coconut Oil & Shea Butter Deep Conditioning Treatment. First off, I'd like to say I love Marc Anthony Hair Care. These products are probably the best quality and the most affordable hair care products on the market. I currently use the Coconut Oil & Shea Butter Conditioner as my daily conditioner and I love it. So to receive the deep conditioning version of this product in my glam bag made me extra excited. Why you ask? Well because I already knew this product would be amazing and that I would love it. Just like the regular conditioner, this deep conditioner makes my hair super soft and silky.

Overall, I wasn't that impressed with the quality of products I received in the December glam bag. One product was amazing while the other four were completely average. So thanks to the four meh products, I have to give the glam bag 2/5 stars. So maybe for 2016, ipsy's resolution should be to actually start using the ipsyMatch service when it comes to crafting glam bags.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate