Goodbye Blogmas, Hello Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone! We finally made it to the last day of Blogmas! 25 days of blogging was certainly tough. But I accepted the challenge and somewhat conquered it. Ending the Blogmas series is bittersweet. I love producing content daily and I hope my posts were enjoyable. But I'm also happy to take a break and rest and relax for a couple days. I've brainstormed some future blog posts ideas already, and I can't wait to share them with you! Also I've decided to take a break from vlogging and Youtube because honestly, my heart isn't into it and I want to focus on my writing.

I hope Santa treated you all very nicely with wonderful gifts and presents. And if you didn't get exactly what you wanted, well there's always next year and all those after Christmas sales. While the gifts are very nice, they're not the most important part of Christmas. Instead, we should cherish the time we have with our family and loved ones. And that is why this Blogmas post is extremely late today. I spent the entire day with my family and I have no regrets, because that's what this holiday is all about.

When it comes to my family, I spend as much time as I physically can with them. Especially since we only get to be together during the holidays. All my brothers are older and have lives of their own so holidays are the only times when we can all be a happy family together. So I appreciate those few moments we have together.

Yes sometimes my family can drive me crazy, but I still love them to death. And I wouldn't trade any of them. Because I'm lucky to have such an amazing family, while some people aren't as fortunate. When you're opening up your presents think about all the people in the world who are alone during the holidays. I'd choose being with my family on Christmas rather than receiving all of the presents on my wishlist. That's because the holidays don't mean anything without our family and loved ones. And maybe that's the first sign of growing up and maturity when it comes to the holidays.

For the first time in forever, we broke out old traditions and played games as a family. Something we only do maybe once a year, but when I was little, it was something we did every weekend. But when you grow up you start to get your own life, the traditions start to dwindle. But once you don't have them as often, you end up appreciating them a lot more.

Just a little food for thought I guess. Christmas has always been one of my favorite holidays, and it always will be. Sure I love getting and giving presents (who doesn't?) but the best part really is all the memories you make with your loved ones. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who read or skimmed or even looked at one of my Blogmas posts. I really appreciate it, and it was a lot of fun! Maybe I'll do it again next year. Who knows? Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate