My Christmas Wishlist

With Christmas rapidly approaching, the excitement is kicking in. Only 22 more days until Santa comes! So I thought today I thought I would share some of the items on my Christmas list.

But before I do that, I just wanted to take a moment to say that Christmas isn't about the presents or gifts. It's about people and spreading good cheer and peace on Earth.

Yesterday, tragedy struck somewhat close by to me. Yes, I'm talking about the shooting in San Bernardino where fourteen people died. And just last week there was a shooting at a Planned Parenthood in Colorado. When will the madness end?! So for my most likely impossible Christmas wish, I'd like to wish for peace. I also hope this makes people realize that the United States needs stricter gun control laws. Two tragedies in two weeks? This is not normal and something MUST be done.

Now for a little bit of selfish time. But in times like these, I feel bad asking for things. For me, I feel like I have so much and that I really don't need anything. And I don't really want anything either. Except maybe financial stability, a career in my field, a place to call my own and to become a fully functioning and independent adult. Fingers crossed it happens in 2016! But anyways, here are some of the few things I actually kind of want but probably don't really need.

FLANNELS! They've made a comeback in the fashion world and I'm obsessed. But unfortunately I have not been able to find a flannel that I like! And the ones that I do like do not fit me. Busty chest problems.

The Flash T-Shirt! The Flash is my favorite superhero and my favorite TV show. I'd love the t-shirt and I've been wanting one for quite some time. Oh or one of those Star Lab t-shirts would be awesome too. What can I say, I'm a Flash fan girl.

WASHI TAPE! As a newbie glam planner, I've been trying to build up my washi tape collection. I realized I have tons of patterned washi but no solid colors! I actually need this really badly for my planner!

EMOJI STICKERS! Because of reasons... All part of the glam planner hobby. How cute would an emoji spread be?! The answer is very. I need this. NEED.

Scarf Camera Strap! I saw one of these on Pinterest and I thought they were so awesome!! The camera strap on my camera can be uncomfortable and unfashionable. But if it was a scarf it would be comfortable and fashion forward. Then again, I probably don't need this, and I could always try to DIY it. There has to be a tutorial on Pinterest right?

Small Waterproof Camera! Blogging has become a big passion of mine, I love it and hopefully I can make a career out of it. I also dabble in vlogging, and I enjoy that as well. So I really want to get a small travel camera just for that. Right now I currently use my Nikon D3100 and when I vlog on the go it doesn't work too well. So I'd like a cheap little vlogging camera for when I'm out and about. And waterproof because I have a tropical trip planned in April which requires a waterproof camera if I want to vlog or blog about it. Plus I have a tendency of dropping electronics in water so waterproof is good, very good.

I Am Malala! I always like to have a new book and Malala's story is truly inspiring. I think she is an amazing person and I'd love to know more about her story. I've heard so many good things about this book and I just want to read it so badly!

And those are a few things that I'd want for Christmas. But what you receive for Christmas is not important at all. It's all about spending time with your loved ones. Of course presents are cool, but if they're not from the heart then what's the point? If we take the emotion away from the holiday then all we've become is consumerism robots. Let's not make Christmas about the presents, let's make it all about spending time with the ones we love. Because truly, that's what I want for Christmas. Until tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate