ipsy Wants All Eyes On You This New Year

New year, new look. That always seems to be the saying around the New Year. Sometimes we get a new haircut or we spice up our beauty regime. Because why blend in when you're meant to stand out?

Well that happens to be ipsy's first glam bag theme for 2016. The January theme "All Eyes On You" implies that you will stand out with these products, which are all about your eyes. So let's hope these products help your eyes pop and shine.

If you recall my review on ipsy's "Face Fashion" glam bag, I was not impressed because I hardly received any face products. So when I heard the theme was "All Eyes On You" I was skeptical. But I am proud to report that the majority of the products I received were indeed eye products.

In my January glam bag I received the following products:

  • theBalm Cosmetics Mr. Write (Now)
  • Hikari Cosmetics Cream Metallic Pigment Shadow
  • Beau Gâchis® Paris Smudge Brush
  • Lasting Smiles Lip Balm in Peppermint Creme
  • Hey Honey Skincare Open Your Eyes Eye Contour Lifting Fluid

First, let's start off with the theBalm Cosmetics Mr. Write (Now) eyeliner and I received the shade Jac B. Bronze which is a rich bronze color. The shade is a great color, that's not too bright and not too dark. It is a subtle nude shade that makes your eyes pop. The eyeliner itself is long lasting and has a very smooth texture. Also it has a built in sharpener so you don't have to worry about having to sharpen it. So that's a major plus!

Next we have the Hikari Cosmetics Cream Metallic Pigment Shadow and I received the shade Mink which is a pretty metallic pink color. I love cream eyeshadows but I would not even call this a cream eyeshadow. It seems like this was a hybrid between cream and powder. The texture was hard as a rock and the consistency was not creamy at all. But the only plus from this eyeshadow was that the color was very pretty.

Then there is the Beau Gâchis® Paris Smudge Brush, which is a brush for gel eyeliners or blending colors. Not much to say on this brush besides that it was super soft and it applied very well.

Next there is the Lasting Smiles Lip Balm in Peppermint Creme. What I really liked about this product is the philanthropy that goes along with it. With every 1,000 lip balms sold, Lasting Smiles funds one cleft lip surgery for a child from the same countries where they source their ingredients. When I saw it was peppermint flavored, I immediately thought of Burt's Bees and prepped myself for the burning and stinging sensation. However, I was pleasantly surprised when it did no such thing. The lip balm is very soft and soothing and overall is a great product from a great company.

Lastly we have the Hey Honey Skincare Open Your Eyes Eye Contour Lifting Fluid. The fluid is used to reduce puffiness, hydrate and tighten the skin around the eyes. The only thing worth mentioning about this product is that it made the skin under my eyes super soft.

Overall, I'd say the first glam bag of 2016 was a major success! I'd give this glam bag 4/5 stars because I was pretty impressed with these products. Shoutout to ipsy for actually using ipsymatch and following through on a theme, I was impressed and I have no complaints. I look forward to next glam bag.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate