Happy Birthday Disneyland!

On July 17, 1955, the Disneyland resort in Anaheim, California was opened by Walt Disney himself. Today, Disneyland celebrates its 60th birthday. The park has gone all out to prepare for the Diamond Celebration. For the big birthday, there have been some changes made to the park and they will be around all year long. Banners with diamonds hang along Main Street, classic characters from Mickey to Pluto all received dazzling new outfits fit for a extravagant celebration and even Sleeping Beauty's castle got an upgrade. Would you expect anything less from this million dollar resort? Of course not.

Disneyland started prepping for this magical birthday back in May, diamonds emerged all around the park. There were also new shows added, like the new Paint the Night parade and the Disneyland Forever firework show. Now I've only see parts of both of these shows (I'll get a better look at them in September when my pass lets me go again) and from what I've seen both of these shows look amazing. There is also a brand new World of Color show in California Adventure, I haven't seen that yet either but I look forward to seeing it!


If you attended the park today, you received a complimentary cupcake and pin confirming that you indeed were there today. Also if you were lucky and important enough, you could hear a replay of Walt Disney's Disneyland opening day speech in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle.

When Disneyland first opened 60 years ago, it was only 160 acres and cost $17 million to build, and it only cost $1 for adults and 50 cents for a child. Oh how the times have changed. Today, there are two parks that cover way more than 160 acres and it costs an adult $99 to visit one park one day, and $155 to visit both parks on a one day ticket. If you are a child (under the age of 10) it costs $93 for one park and $149 to visit both parks on a one day ticket.

But thankfully, they do have annual passes. I'm fortunate enough to have one, so I can experience the magic year round. Disneyland means a lot to me. Growing up, I remember going to the parks all the time with my family and as I grew up I got to experience it with other people who mean a lot to me. Disneyland will always hold a special place in my heart and I'll alway love it (even though pretty soon I won't be able to afford to love it anymore). I cherish every visit and I'll continue to make memories there for the rest of my life.

Happy Birthday Disneyland and to many more magical years. I know you'll continue to amaze and dazzle all of us. As Walt Disney once said:

"Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate