Swim into Summer Beauty with this June Glam Bag

Hey everyone, I know it's been a while but I've been exploring my new found freedom and spent the past couple weeks traveling and spending time with my boyfriend who I don't get to see in person all the time. Anyways, back to the subject matter, I present to you my June 2015 Swim into Beauty Glam Bag review.
The theme, Swim into Beauty, was cute and a perfect way to kick off summer. The Glam Bag itself was cute and I loved the material, it was perfect to take to the beach or even have it poolside. The only problem with the Glam Bag itself was that my zipper was chipped so on the keychain it was all pink/orange with a gray spot. In this Glam Bag I received: the OFRA Cosmetics Turquoise Eyeliner, the Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Foundation Primer, the LAVANILA LABORATORIES The Healthy Body Butter in Pure Vanilla, the FORMULA X Power Source nail color, and the tre'StiQue Mini Shadow Crayon.

I'm going to start off with the OFRA Cosmetics Turquoise Eyeliner. The eyeliner itself works very well, it goes on smoothly and does not smudge easily. It is a very good quality eyeliner. And I love the color turquoise, but not for eyeliner. I'm not a huge fan of colored eyeliner, I feel like it is a very juvenile trend and I'm just not into it. Like I've said before, I went through that phase already and I've matured since my beginning days with makeup. And apparently this eyeliner can also be used as a lipliner according to the product information on ipsy. Well then, if you're into blue eyelids and lips have at it with this eyeliner.

Next we have the Smashbox Cosmetics Photo Finish Foundation Primer, and I was so excited to receive this product. I had been dying to try this and it is awesome! It made my face soft and smooth and it helped my foundation stay bright full throughout the day.

Then we have the LAVANILA LABORATORIES The Healthy Body Butter in Pure Vanilla. I really liked this body butter and I'd say this is the best kind of lotion type of product I've received from ipsy. It smelt super good, then again you can't go wrong with a vanilla scent, it's my personal favorite. And it also made my skin feel very nice and soft! In the past couple weeks, I've already used most of this body butter.

And next we have the FORMULA X Power Source nail color, which is a hot coral pink shade. I love the color and it almost matches the Glam Bag. I'm not a big fan of nail polish, partially because I'm so bad at applying it but this was so easy to apply. I hardly messed up and this polish dries quickly. It also lasts a long time on its own, it didn't start chipping for me until after three or four days, with my nails and the polish I normally use, my nails chip after one or two days. This nail polish really impressed me and I loved the sample size, since I don't use nail polish often it is the perfect size for me.

Lastly we have the tre'StiQue Mini Shadow Crayon in the Kona coffee shade, which is a nice chocolate brown. I really like eye shadow crayons, and I really liked this one. Even though it did smudge easily the first time I used it I liked how well it blended and how easily it applied.

Overall I'd say I was pretty impressed with this Glam Bag. I think ipsy did a decent job picking products that would be good to wear on a beach or pool or a summer day. I think the addition of a waterproof product would have been an amazing idea but what do I know? I was really impressed with this bunch of products and this was the best Glam Bag I've received from ipsy. So I'm going to give this Glam Bag 4/5 stars! Thanks for reading and until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate