Saying Goodbye to ipsy

For the past two years, I've been unboxing and critiquing the Glam Bags I receive from ipsy. I've accumulated all different kinds of beauty products. But this past November, I decided it was time to unsubscribe from ipsy.

Why did I choose to unsubscribe from ipsy? Well over the past two years, I've gathered a bunch of different beauty products. Some that I absolutely fell in love with, but a majority of the other products were just mediocre. I would get a lot of the same items and brands all the time. But it was not the "higher end" brands that I wanted to try, instead I mainly got obscure unheard of brands. There were some great unheard of brands that I tried, the only bad part about that was that I could not purchase those items again because those brands were never sold at any of the stores I frequent. But enough about that, here are the final reviews for September and October.

First we have the September Glam Bag, which was a "Glamazon" theme. What is a Glamazon? Well the best definition I could find on Urban Dictionary describes a Glamazon as a woman with an overdeveloped sense of beauty, glamour, and fashion.

So based off this name and theme, this bag should be a total knockout. Let's start with the bag itself, it's super cute and very girly! The color scheme works well together and the print is adorable. It definitely gives of a chic and trendy feel.

So let's get to the good stuff! Inside this Glam Bag were the following products:

  • Pixi by Petra Mattelustre Lipstick in Rose Naturelle
  • Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask
  • ulta3 Nail Colour in Sizzling Red
  • IT Cosmetics Superhero™ Mascara in Super Black
  • tre'StiQue Mini Highlight Stick in Maldives Luminescent
The Pixi by Petra Mattelustre Lipstick in Rose Naturelle is a dark nude shade that pairs really well with any pink lip liner. The lipstick is matte but not a very good one, it does not last as long as a matte should. The one thing I really dislike about this lipstick is the weird aftertaste it leaves on your lips. If you're going to eat anything take this lipstick off before you eat because you will get a really bitter taste in your mouth.

I always love trying new hair products, especially any kind of deep conditioner, so I was excited to test out the Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask. When I washed my hair I used a generous amount of this deep conditioner and overall I was very impressed! It softens your hair and makes it shinier while getting rid of any tangles! Score!!

When it comes to nail polish, I seem to have the worst luck. I'm really bad/lazy when it comes to painting my nails but I'm getting better with time. The ulta3 Nail Colour in Sizzling Red is a bold color that goes on bright red. The color is almost like a fire truck red shade. The nail polish applies very easily which is nice, the only downside is that the nail polish will stain your skin so be very careful! I had pink fingers for a decent amount of time. This nail polish lasts for a short amount of time. Depending on how active you are you could chip the nail polish within the first couple of days.

I was so excited to see the IT Cosmetics Superhero™ Mascara in Super Black, I've been dying to try this mascara! I heard so many good things about it, so when I tried it I was happy to see it lived up to the hype. The mascara itself is creamy but it does not smudge despite the creaminess. It gives your lashes plenty of volume and adds the perfect amount of length to them. Best mascara ever!

Last but certainly not least, there is the tre'StiQue Mini Highlight Stick in Maldives Luminescent. What I really love about this highlighter is that it is a creamy crayon that goes on very smoothly. Sometimes it is hard to find a really good shade for a highlighter but this shade was almost iridescent, it adds such a nice and natural shine to your face. This is probably the best highlighter I have ever received from ipsy!

Overall, I'd give the September Glam Bag 4/5 stars. I was really impressed with a majority of these products. My hit for this month would be the IT Cosmetics Superhero™ Mascara in Super Black, while my miss for this month would be the Pixi by Petra Mattelustre Lipstick in Rose Naturelle. But now onto the October Glam Bag!

Now we've come to the last Glam Bag I will ever critique, this is a real bittersweet moment. The Glam Bag itself is super cute, it was obviously a Halloween theme. The print of the witches was super cute and it went well with the theme. If you notice, I received some additional products in this Glam Bag. That is because I had enough points to redeem not one but two additional samples with my ipsy points.

Inside this Glam Bag were the following products:

  • theBalm Cosmetics CabanaBoy Blush
  • Ciaté London Fierce Flicks Eyeliner
  • Trust Fund Beauty Gimme Good Face - Face Primer
  • MeMeMe Blush Brush
  • Ziaja Natural Olive Cream Light Formula
  • Luxie Rose Gold Tapered Highlighting Brush
  • Nudestix Mini Lip + Cheek Pencil in Mystic

I always get so excited whenever I see anything theBalm, it's one of my favorite brands! So I was stoked to see the theBalm Cosmetics CabanaBoy Blush in my Glam Bag! I absolutely adore the shade, it is the perfect color for a nice natural blush tone while also giving your face a nice glow. What I also love about this blush is that it can also be used as an eyeshadow.

I've been on the hunt for a new liquid eyeliner for quite some time now, but I think I can finally conclude my journey. The Ciaté London Fierce Flicks Eyeliner is everything I have ever dreamed of for an eyeliner. This eyeliner goes on so smoothly and so precise. Even with my shaking hands, my eyeliner was done in one try. With other eyeliners, I would need to start over at least twice. It also does not smudge and it is long lasting.

The Trust Fund Beauty Gimme Good Face - Face Primer is a decent face primer with some texture issues. When you first put it on, it becomes really flakey but once you spread it around your face it starts to get really gooey and soft. It is a weird sensation but somehow it ends up making your face really soft. But from there is does an okay job keeping your makeup looking fresh. After a couple of hours you can't really tell that you were ever wearing makeup.

One of my favorite things to receive in a Glam Bag are makeup brushes! So when I saw the MeMeMe Blush Brush I was excited. What I really like about this brush is that it can be used for any kind of powder. It is a soft brush that applies powder very well and it does not go on too dark, It distributes the powder evenly. You can't go wrong with a nice soft brush that apples well!

The last sample that ipsy chose for me was the Ziaja Natural Olive Cream Light Formula. What's really great about this moisturizer is that is is soothing on your face and it really softens it. The only downside of this moisturizer is that it has a really thick texture and a very generic smell.

The first sample I chose to redeem with my points was the Luxie Rose Gold Tapered Highlighting Brush. Honestly, I picked this brush because it was pretty and because it was a makeup brush, I needed to stock up! It is 100% vegan friendly and works best as a highlighter brush. The brush itself is super soft and it applies very lightly but overall very well.

The last sample I chose to redeem with my points was the Nudestix Mini Lip + Cheek Pencil in Mystic. ipsy has been giving out Nudestix samples for the longest time and I was never lucky enough to get one, so when I saw that one was available to redeem for points I jumped at the opportunity. The shade of the pencil is a nice nude pink that pairs well with any lipstick shade. What is also so great about this pencil is that it is long lasting and it can also be used for your cheeks and not just your lips!

For my final Glam Bag, I'd say it went out with a bang, I'd give it 4/5 stars. The big hit in this Glam Bag was the Ciaté London Fierce Flicks Eyeliner while the miss was the Trust Fund Beauty Gimme Good Face - Face Primer. Both of my samples were a 5/5, they were everything I hoped and dreamed they would be!

Overall I will miss ipsy, it will be sad to not get one of those pink packages in the mail every month. But who knows, maybe something bigger and better is on the way.

Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate