Getting Your Glam On With Covergirl

Testing out any new beauty product can be an annoying and expensive task. Especially if you're not familiar with a brand. One great thing about today's modern age, is that beauty experts and influencers do all the work for you now. They get the latest products, try them out, and then they let you know how each product worked for them. Sounds like a dream job right?


If you're just an average beauty user, like myself, don't be so hard on yourself. Companies don't want just the experts to review them, they need consumers like us to test out products and let our friends and family know what we think. This is all possible today with companies like Influenster.


If you have no idea what Influenster is, no worries I got you. Influenster is a website where you review products and can actually test out products for free based on your social media influence. Every once and a while members get to take surveys to see if they match up for a product campaign, which are also known as Voxboxes. With the product campaigns, you get to test out some products and you are assigned optional social media tasks, the only requirement is to fill out the survey after! The best part is that, this website is 100% free! How cool is that?!


I was lucky enough to be selected for the Covergirl Peacock Voxbox! Influenster sent me two full size Covergirl products to test out and review all for free. Inside this Voxbox were the Covergirl Peacock Flare Mascara and the Covergirl Melting Pout Liquid Lipstick in Shade Number 105.


Now just to make things clear and lay it all out in the open, I did receive these two products complimentary for testing purposes. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Scouts honor. Now let's dig in!


The first product I actually tested out was the Peacock Flare Mascara. For me, I'm super picky when it comes to mascara. I have super short eyelashes, and I always look for a mascara that is going to give me longer lashes. While the Peacock Flare doesn't necessarily lengthen your lashes, it does give them some extra volume. The mascara has a vitamin and mineral enriched formula, which does feel nice and absorbs quickly onto your lashes. The applicator is also very great, it applies well and is able to reach all your little lashes while giving an even coverage. It's a pretty basic mascara, but it does get the job done and is a great option for a drug store mascara.


Next up is the Melting Pout Liquid Lipstick in Shade Number 105. When I saw Shade Number 105, I thought it was going to be a nude pink shade. But the color packaging does not match what the color looks like on your lips. On my lips, it was almost a shade lighter. The lipstick itself isn't very vibrant or bold. But to fix that all you need to do is either apply an extra amount of lipstick to your lips or buy the lipstick you want in one shade darker. But other than that the lipstick is not that bad. What I really like about it is the applicator, which is actually a really fluffy sponge that is soft on your lips.


Typically I'm not a huge Covergirl fan. For me specifically, I hate buying most of those drug store makeup brands simply because they're not cruelty free. Whenever I buy makeup, I buy from brands I trust, brands that promise to not test on animals. Covergirl is NOT a cruelty free brand, so I will not purchase anything from them until their policies change. But what I will do, is give them a fair and unbiased review. There products are not bad quality at all, I was pretty impressed with the two products I tested out. If Covergirl was a cruelty free company, would I go out and buy these products? Possibly. But until that happens, it's all just a what if scenario.

Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate