Finding Your Talent

Remember the days of elementary and middle school when your fellow classmates and friends would display their talents in a talent show. Some people would sing, some would dance, and even some would just lip sync.

Okay, most people just would lip sync songs and dance around and pretend they were singing. I guess I didn't go to a school with a lot of talented people. Or maybe they were talented but just didn't know it yet. Or no one wanted to display their hidden talents.

Hidden talents, some discover theirs, while for others it's not as easy. Finding your talent can be a difficult thing because sometimes instead of focusing on the things we're good at, we focus on what we're bad at. We work to improve our weaknesses instead of our strengths. But for those of us who actually want to find our talents and improve on them, there is a way to do so.

Since you can be your toughest critic, the first step to finding your talent is by asking your friends and family what they think it is. Sometimes they know you better than you actually know yourself. I've asked my friends and family what they think my talents are and I got two common answers: writing and photography.

Well I can admit that I am my toughest critic, and I would always think that's not possible. Those are just two of my hobbies that I enjoy. I'm not amazing, I'm an amateur at best. But from what I've learned if it's something you enjoy, odds are that can be your talent. If it's something you enjoy, you'll give it your best effort and improvement shouldn't be too difficult. Take a look at your hobbies, those have a lot of insight on what your talent could possibly be.

Your talent could also be something that comes easy to you. Can you think of something that just comes naturally? Maybe it's something others have trouble doing but you seem to breeze through it with very little trouble.

If you're still not convinced you have a talent, check out this article from Business Insider. This article displays a chart which lists several qualities and how it translates into a thinking talent. It can take a bad trait and show you how to transform it into a hidden talent.

For example, I have a tendency to be a little wishy washy, but that shows that my hidden talent is adaptability. I can adjust easily and I like to go with the flow. This can come in handy with my writing, my photos and my every day life. It's quite fascinating and it might help you discover your hidden talent and bring it to life.

Finding your talent can take some time and a lot of hard work, especially if you want to be the best you can be. If you're searching for your talent, don't worry, take your time. You'll know what it is when the time comes. But if you're in a hurry to find out and want to improve on it immediately, ask your friends and family and listen to what they have to say. You'll find your talent in no time. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate