My Unknown Future

One of the most popular questions always seems to be about the future:
"Where do you see yourself in *insert number here* years?"
Whenever I get asked this question, I wish I was like Raven from That's So Raven. That way I could see the future and know for sure what will happen. I'm one of those kinds of people who like to plan ahead and know what will happen. But sadly, life doesn't always work like that.

So the question I was asked for this daily blog challenge was: "Where would I be in five years?"

For me it is impossible to respond to, I have no idea what the future will hold. All I know is I better have everything all together by then because I'll be 28 years old. So I better have a job, a home and someone to share it all with.

I know this post was vague, but that's what the future is. The future is unknown and for me, it's hard to write about the unknown. I know I could imagine where I'd want to be in five years, but that's vague too. All I can see is me coming home from work and giving my boyfriend/fiancé/husband (who knows what my relationship status will be then) a kiss. Maybe a couple good vacations thrown in there... I don't know, even my imagination is vague.

Who knows what the future has in store for all of us? I just want the simple things, nothing extravagant. All I want is a happy life full of adventures and people I care about. Now let me ask you, where do you see yourself in the next five years? Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate