My Dream Job? Your Guess Is As Good As Mine.

Throughout my life, I've had many dream jobs. When I was in 5th grade, I wanted to be a singer. Then when I learned I was tone deaf, I wanted to be a lawyer. Then I wanted to be a politician, an actress, a teacher, and so on and so forth.

But then I discovered my talent for writing and I wanted to be a writer. They're are so many forms of writing out there. Novelists, screenwriters, journalists, oh my! Well I ruled out all the creative writing jobs because I do not have a creative bone in my body, so I decided on journalism, which is something I enjoy. I enjoyed it so much that I deiced to study it when I went to university.

While studying journalism, I realized I did not enjoy writing about the news. So newspapers and broadcast were a definite no for me. So, I drifted more to the entertainment side. I enjoy pop culture and I certainly enjoy writing about it. Back in school I certainly thought I was going to be an entertainment reporter or even a publicist, because I took a couple public relations classes and I really enjoyed them.

I always pictured myself working for a magazine, simply because I love magazines. I love the look, the feel, the words, and just everything about them. Maybe my love for the movie, The Devil Wears Prada influenced my love for magazines and the environment.

But when I graduated from St. John's, I didn't have a job lined up waiting for me. This is because I was uncertain with what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. So I decided to dabble in some other kinds of journalism. There was a point where I wanted to be a sports writer, a beauty writer, a DIY/craft writer, a travel writer, a photographer, a music writer, a fashion writer, a Youtube vlogger, and etc.

I went back and forth trying to decide what to do while I was working a job that I hated. But this job taught me one important lesson after I graduated, I certainly did not want to be a legal assistant.

My point is I am an indecisive person, and I have no clear idea of what I want to do. I have a variety of interests that I would enjoy writing about. I'm lucky, I'm young and I have a chance to experiment with what my possible future career could be.

But in this moment in time, and I had the chance to pick any job in the world it would be a travel writer. Simply because I love to travel and I enjoy seeing new places. To be able to write about far away places and what they have to offer and capture it all in photographs would truly be a dream come true.

But with my decisiveness that can always change. So who knows what I'll be dreaming about next week. The point is, you should never stop dreaming about what you can do. The possibilities are endless. There's so much out there in this big old world of ours, so why not sample it all?

Shout out to my friend Jorge (@thatcoffeelord) for making this super awesome picture of me! Thanks for reading about my ramblings and until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate