My Favorite Childhood Book

Growing up, I loved to read. I cherished every visit to the bookstore and I had a collection of books in my room. I used to read a book a week it seemed like. But when you grow up, you get more responsibilities and less time to read.

Reading at a young age was really good for me. I enjoyed being read to by my parents, and eventually I enjoyed reading on my own. When I got old enough, I'd stay up late all because I got caught up in a book.

I spent a lot of quality time with my parents when we read fairytales and other classic children books. One of my favorite childhood books was Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss. You know the classic story, Sam-I-Am wants his grumpy friend to eat green eggs and ham. But the grumpy friend has never tried them and just assumes he will not like them. But after Sam-I-Am's pestering and nagging, the grumpy friend tries the green eggs and ham. The grumpy friend has a change of heart after trying then and indeed he likes green eggs and ham.

This book is great because it's all about trying new things and to not make any assumptions based on an object's appearance. Remember a time when you didn't want to eat vegetables because they didn't look good? You've come a long way since then, especially with your newfound diet consisting of kale and avocado. I bet before you read Green Eggs & Ham you never wanted to eat anything green.

I remember in kindergarten after we read the book, our teacher actually made us green eggs and ham. I was amazed that they actually existed. My five year old self had no idea there was such a thing as food dye.

Green Eggs & Ham is a classic book that every kid should read growing up. It's an easy read and it is the perfect starter book. And fun fact, the book only contains 50 different words.

What was your favorite childhood book? Did you ever get to try green eggs and ham? Let me know in the comment section! Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate