My Favorite Foods! Nom Nom Nom

Food, it's an important part of our daily lives. Food helps keep us alive and gives us the energy we need to do all the things we need to do. Obviously there's food that's good for you and food that's not so good for you. It taste delicious but after a while it won't make you feel good. Everyone has their own taste and their own favorite kinds of food.

Food can bring people together. People go out on dates to restaurants, grab lunch and catch up with old friends, and I bet you remember those family dinners growing up. Food is such an important part of our culture. Think about all those food blogs out there and all those people who Instagram their food. So for today's challenge here are some of my favorite foods:

Salad I know it's an odd choice but I really like them. They're healthy and after eating one I feel good! It doesn't leave me feeling gross and icky after eating one. Plus salads can be so versatile! There's a bunch of different kinds of lettuce and dressing, and you can add all sorts of vegetables.

Cupcakes Yes I like to indulge with a cupcake every once and a while. I love to bake cupcakes and eat them. Or I love to go to Sprinkles and get a cupcake. Nothing is better than the Sprinkles sundae, a cupcake with ice cream in the middle. Now I don't eat cupcakes all the time, but you know you've got to treat yourself now and then.

Pasta As an Italian, I love pasta. Spaghetti, penne, fettuccine, gnocchi, etc. You get the idea. I don't discriminate when it comes to my pasta! Pasta is so versatile, there so many kinds of noodles and they can also be paired with all different kinds of sauces! I'm mainly a red sauce fan, but I don't mind a pesto or white sauce every once and a while.

Cookies! Call me the cookie monster because I love COOKIES. Chocolate chip, white chocolate macadamia nut and sugar cookies are my favorites. But I'm never afraid to try a new kind of cookie. I love to bake cookies too, and you'll find me baking them when I'm craving something sweet.

Grilled Cheese Yes I am a child, I love grilled cheese. Nothing is better than cheese and bread put it together and you've got magic. It's such a simple meal that just tastes so good.

French Fries I love french fries probably just as much as the cookie monster loves cookies, maybe more. I love french fries. All of the french fries in the world. It's not the healthiest thing to love to eat, but I definitely want to try to make a healthy version of them.

Avocado Does that count? It should because I love avocado. I love to have it in my salad, on my sandwiches, in my quesadillas, etc. Basically if I can add avocado to it, it will be there. And yes I know it's extra.

Pretzels My favorite snack of all time! Whenever I go to a baseball game, I'll always get a salted pretzel with a side of cheese. But when I go to Disneyland, I get this special pretzel filled with jalapeño cheese. It is the most amazing thing of all time. And I love it. And growing up I loved Wetzel's Pretzels, and I get tempted every time I go to the mall.

Burritos The greatest creation of all time. They're so filling and filled with yummy goodness. I love a simple burrito like a bean and cheese, and I love a complex burrito like a vegetarian one from Chipotle filled so much my tortilla rips. I even enjoy breakfast burritos on occasion! Whoever thought of filling a tortilla with beans, rice, cheese and etc, is a genius.

Mozzarella Sticks I can't think of anything more delicious than fried cheese. Sure it's not the healthiest but it's so good. It's definitely a guilty pleasure of mine, it's something I'll get every once and a while.

I know with my favorite foods, they're all not the healthiest option out there. But that's okay, because I don't eat all these things all the time. And that's how it should be. If you ate something daily, odds are after a certain amount of time you wouldn't want to eat it anymore. Favorite foods are something you don't get so often so when you do get to eat them it makes them more enjoyable. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate