5 Songs You'll Always Catch Me Listening To

Music surrounds us all. We hear it on the radio when we're in our cars. We hear it in our favorite TV shows, movies and even in those pesky commercials we all hate. We choose to listen to the music we enjoy on our devices through a variety of platforms. Spotify, Pandora, Apple Music, iTunes, Youtube and etc, all make listening to the songs we love and enjoy that much easier.

It is a key part of our culture, because music reflects it. Some songs take on deeper meanings and talk about issues and events that have happened in that artist's life. And we can connect to them on a deeper level. Or some songs make us think of moments in our lives and we connect to a song that way.

But other songs just connect to us on emotional level and there is no deeper meaning to it. Those are the fun songs that we simply enjoy because they make us feel good. Some music is meant to be fun and listened to for pure entertainment.

Personally, I like music that makes me feel. I have different songs I listen to especially when I want to channel a certain emotion. I have happy music for when I want to be happy. Sad music for when I'm in a not so good mood and I need a good cry. Angry music for when I want to break something, I don't listen to these songs often. But my point is there's different songs made for different emotions.

Like I mentioned in my first Radio Roundup, the radio has the power to kill a song by overplaying it. The radio can give a song life and death, it's really full circle if you think about it. But there are those rare songs that are immortal and can not be overplayed and are always great whenever you listen to them. So here are five songs that you'll always find me listening to:

  • Six Feet Under the Stars by All Time Low
  • This is one of my favorite songs by All Time Low. They are my favorite band it was one of the first songs I really fell in love with by them. The song makes me happy and it calms down me and relaxes me when I'm stressed. I like listening to the story being told and imagining how it would play out as if it was a movie.

  • Curiosity by Carly Rae Jepsen
  • Anyone who says Carly Rae Jepsen is just a one hit wonder clearly has not listened to any of her other songs, and has only listened to Call Me Maybe. In fact her whole album Kiss is filled with amazing pop songs and Call Me Maybe is clearly not the best on the entire album. Curiosity is a a fun pop song you can just dance and sing a long to. And warning, it may get stuck in your head.

  • Hanging On by Ellie Goulding ft. Tinie Tempah
  • This is a cover Ellie Goulding did back in 2012 and this is probably one of my favorite songs of all time. Something about Ellie's voice is just so powerful and Tinie Tempah's rap really adds to the song. This song is powerful song about heartbreak and moving on. I was never a big fan of the original version, but Ellie gave it a lot of flair and made it come alive.

  • Night by Night by Chromeo
  • This song was my ringtone for the longest time, and I'm still not sick of it. It's a fun song to groove to and it has a unique beat. I still jam to this song, and I think I'm going to make it my ringtone again. Chromeo has had a lot of good songs, they are really good band that needs to be checked out.

  • Fancy by Iggy Azaela ft. Charli XCX
  • This song may be an unpopular choice because of Iggy's current reputation. She's not the most popular artist out there because of the things she's said. But just because she has a big mouth and doesn't know when stop talking, that doesn't change or affect my love for her song Fancy. This is my fun sassy song where I channel my inner gangster. I love this song, it has so much character and it's a fun listen. Who dat? Who dat? I-G-G-Y.

So there you have it, these are the five songs I don't think I can ever get sick of. Every time I hear them, it's like it's the first time I'm listening to it. These songs bring me so much joy, and that's what music should do. Thanks for reading and until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate